Friday, March 31, 2006

Under the Sea

I hope that everyone is having a happy Friday so far. My day has been crazy. I just finished making advance reservations and buying tickets to the Georgia Aquarium. That's what we've decided to do for our anniversary on April 9th. It's supposed to be one of the largest aquariums in the world. So, we are going to have a weekend away in Atlanta for some underwater fun. This place must be HUGE! They have a movie theatre and a food court right in the aquarium. While I was at it, I also bought the extra $5.00 tickets for the 4D Theatre. It sounds fantastic. Here's a description of how it works:

"The Georgia Aquarium’s 4-D theater features a 3-D film, a live actor and interactive seats. The theater is one of the most advanced in the world, combining digital projection with a high definition 3-D film. But the production is more than just a 3-D film...

...For instance, you not only see a jelly as they move by in 3-D, you also feel the tingling tentacles as they brush along them."

I'm sure that I'll take LOTS of pictures to share with you all. I'm really excited now. It's only 1 week from tomorrow.

Another piece of excitement from the family. A little, male dacshund wandered up to my mother's house yesterday. At first, she just thought he was passing through and didn't think anything of it. My brother happened to go out in the yard and discovered there were two big dogs that were attacking it. They both had the little thing in their mouths shaking it! He managed to get him away from them, luckily. He wasn't badly hurt, although he was quite bruised and shaken up. All day, they went all through the neighborhood for blocks trying to find out who is his owner with no luck. So, he stayed at my mother's last night. (Did this little guy go to the right row of houses or what?) They have nicknamed him Abner, while they continue their search.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I sure hope they find the little guy's home soon. His owners must be worried. He's just as cute as pie and very friendly. He gets along really well with my Mom's dog too. Everyone keep your fingers crossed we find his home soon.

I'm taking tomorrow off, so I won't be around on the blog. I'll be back Tuesday with Abner updates. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owwww....he's so cute, he looks like my little Peanut. I sure hope your mom finds his rightful owners. If there aren't any "rightful owners" at least he's found himself a good home. =) Keep us updated

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh he's a doll. Hope his family finds him soon. Hope someone flogs them for letting the little guy wander off.

There's nothing I hate worse than people that don't keep their animals well attended.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

BTW...the mistress of the dark is me

Andrea