Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Busy As A Bee

Well, I certainly made the most of my extra weekend day off. Abner's owners finally claimed him on Saturday morning. Mom was a little blue but was glad that he was able to go back to his home and family. Casey and I ended up spending Saturday with a group of friends. It took the better part of our day, but we had loads of fun.

On Sunday, we got around to cleaning out the garage. We still have some stuff to get rid of, but the bulk of it got done. We also managed to get our manual garage door working. So, what mess we have left can be shut off from the world. We got up early and started working, before the temp started to rise. We finished up, just around lunch time. We were so happy with our accomplishment that we treated ourselves to an afternoon matinee. We went to see Ice Age II. It was really funny, and I really enjoyed it.

Yesterday, I was just a powerhouse. I got the longest errand list EVER done, had lunch with my mother, the dog's to the groomer's, and the house cleaned. I felt quite accomplished by the end of the day. Casey rewarded me with a fantastic dinner complete with homemade cheddar cheese biscuits and homemade peach cobbler. I did end up passed out asleep on the couch by 8 p.m. I guess you can't do everything.

No comments: