Friday, March 03, 2006

So Sad

How does drug running affect pets? I was shocked and outraged, when I came across this news story from MSNBC. Columbian drug runners used puppies to try and smuggle heroin into the United States. They did this by surgically implanting liquid heroin into the puppies!

At least three puppies died from having liquid heroin packets placed inside them and then being stitched back up, DEA spokesman David Ausiello said.

Luckily, these people have been arrested. I knew about the surgical implants in people, but didn't dream they ever used animals. At least the people involved had a choice. The animals DIDN'T. I can't begin to conceive a punishment that is fitting for these criminals!! It just angers and sickens me. I'm trying not to be hateful and spiteful, but it's really hard for me not to wish the same thing done to these people, against their will. I know that two wrongs do not make a right, but I'd really like to see these people punished! The street value of the heroin is estimated at over $20 million. To read the whole story click HERE.

I think I'll go home and give a LOT of extra hugs tonight!

No comments: