Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Dining With Your Doggie

This morning, as I was reading my daily list of blogs, I came across this interesting news nugget at You Are A Dog. Lawmakers in Tallahassee, Florida are considering legislation that would allow dog owners to dine with their best friends in outside eating areas. The legislation would allow a three year test program to begin. Many are concerned with the possibility of potential dog bites, so restaurants that participate in this program are required to carry extra liability insurance to compensate for the risk. (I can't possibly imagine why anyone would want to take a dog that has bite potential to a public place for dinner anyway, but just call that my own common sense.) It's nice to know that corporations and businesses take pet owners love for their pets seriously now. They are welcomed in more places and have many more options available to them. It would be so cool to have this kind of thing, where I live. I'm sure that I'd have to enjoy other pet owners polite, obedient dogs, because I'm afraid mine would be a holy terror at a restaurant. They'd use their "pitiful" tactics to try and scam everyone's food! Yes, I definitely have some more obedience training to do. To read the full story of the Florida dog friendly restaurant legislation, click HERE. I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: