Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Spring Fever!

I had such a fabulous little breaky-poo!! The weather was absolutely fantastic! The days were in the 80's and the nights were in the upper 60's. I REALLY have a bad case of spring fever now. Friday was such a beautiful day. Casey and I just piddled around the house. I cleaned a little and he made homemade peach preserves: plain peach and cinnamon peach...yummy. On Friday afternoon, one of our good friends called and we met him and his kids at our local chinese place. After we'd all eaten way too much and visited a bit longer than the wait staff liked, we were headed back home.

On Saturday, Casey and I got up early and went to a little local place called, of all things, Joe's Diner. It has got really fantastic country cooking. We had the country ham breakfast buffet, or as I call it for short: heartattack on a plate. After we managed to roll out of there, it was time to get home and cleaned up. We were off to Clarksville to meet with our 501st friends for a prop party and cookout. Even though rain was forcast, the weather held and it was a lovely day. We had a great time enjoying each other's company and working on Casey's very first armor. Everyone was so busy with a project, and Casey just kept asking for someone to help him put his armor together. Finally, one of our friends said he'd help. He went over and put Casey's armor on him with electrical tape!! It was hysterical! A few people got pictures of it, and I hope to get my hands on a copy soon. I guess Casey will be a little more careful who he asks for help next time. After a long afternoon and night, it was finally time to head back home. We got in around 1:30 a.m. I can't believe that I was out that late! I should have turned into a pumpkin!

On Sunday, Casey and I (since we are old) had to recover from our late night. We just lounged around the house and rested. Casey made homemade beef barbeque and lots of wonderful vegetables to eat. Yesterday, Casey was back to his work routine and I finished up some cleaning projects that I started on Friday. The rest of the day I spent dreading going back to the old routine. It was such a nice little needed break. Hope I didn't miss anything big. How ya'll doin'?

No comments: