Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sometimes The Oddest Things Make You Smile

Some days you just find smiles in unexpected places. See, I have this student worker. We'll just call him Tom. Tom has this running joke with me. He makes up these creative things, leaves them on my desk, and leaves notes saying they are from the cleaning crew. Sometimes it's stories, sometimes it's just silliness, and sometimes it these:

Image hosting by Photobucket

These little towers are made out of educational color tiles used to help children learn how to count. The are 1" x 1" and these two structures probably used about 200 out of 400 in a set. I have a picture, from last week, of the tower he made me using nearly ALL 400 of them. It was awesome to behold, let me tell you. That one is on my flashcard, which I don't have with me today. I took the above picture with my camera phone, that I ALWAYS forget I have. He says it's a good de-stressor. I say, making something like that would earn me a trip to the looney bin. I always come into work never knowing what I'll find on my desk, but it always makes me smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe! Yeah "Tom" was going to use all 400 hundered this time but the round tower was leaning!

Kimmy