Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Force Filled Weekend

Wow!! My weekend just flew by. I was busy the ENTIRE time. Sunday, Casey and I went to Chattanooga to troop a kids' fair with some friends from the 501st. There was an early morning plan to meet up at 7:00 a.m., so we could be ready to troop in Chattanooga by 10:30 a.m. We made pretty good time, and we were only about 15 minutes later than we had planned. I had no idea that I was in for such a suprise. A friend of mine had an extra costume, a royal guard, that he needed someone to wear (he dresses as the Emperor and needed his guard). He picked me to wear it. It was the first time that I've gotten to actually troop in costume. The costume isn't a complicated one to wear. It's only 5 pieces: helmet, robe, undercoat, forcepike, and gloves. I was suited up and ready to go in a matter of minutes.

Image hosting by Photobucket
1st step.

Image hosting by Photobucket

2nd step.

Image hosting by Photobucket

3rd step.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Almost finished....

Image hosting by Photobucket

TA DA!!!

It was really a lot of fun to be part of the action. So much so, I think that I'm going to make my own Royal Guard costume. After the event, we went and had a great lunch, and soon it was time to head back home.

Yesterday, Mom and I had many doctor's appointments in Nashville. We both got good reports and were quite happy. We had a really nice lunch together and decided to just to knock around Nashville for a while. It was such a beautiful day, and we really enjoyed ourselves. We didn't get in until late afternoon, and I was exhausted.

It seems like an awfully full weekend for such a short post doesn't it? It would take a novel to describe every detail though. I hope everyone had as great a weekend as mine.

More pictures from the trooping event:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Taking a breather.

Image hosting by Photobucket

DOH!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Just being silly.

To see all pictures from the trooping event click HERE.

No comments: