Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Chili Supper Wrap Up

All in all, the chili supper went really well. The cafe stayed packed for most of the night. Casey helped out in the kitchen, and I got some of my first waitressing experience. Believe it or not, I didn't spill anything on anybody! I got everybody's order right, but really, how hard was it? It was either chili or corndogs and drinks to remember. Kudos to all of servers out there!!! I have a WHOLE new respect for you. The folks that came to run the karaoke did a fantastic job. We made nearly $100 dollars in the tip jars alone! At one point, later in the night, the karaoke bunch and several tables went in together gathering funds up for the tip jar. They decided to bribe me to sing with a donation. I really took a long time deciding on my song choice. I secretly did this, so a lot of people wouldn't be there. I ended up singing 2 songs. I don't think I did too shabby. I counted back, and it has been 18 years, since I did a solo performance. I was a little rusty. We are still waiting for the final total. We should have it by the end of the week. It really was a fun night for a good cause. A very special thanks goes out to Pope's owners Debra Weaver and Russell Smith for hosting our benefit. If any of you ever get to Shelbyville, drop by Pope's and have a good meal. Tell them Cheryl and Casey sent you.

Image hosting by Photobucket

During the chili supper.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Humane volunteers enjoying a good meal.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Out front having fun with karaoke.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Pope's owners Russell Smith and Debra Weaver.

No comments: