Wednesday, June 30, 2004

It Just Makes Me Sick

Just hopped off of CNN.com where I read a story about animal abuse. It seems in Tulsa, OK six puppies were wounded or killed when someone put fireworks in their mouths and used them for moving targets!! To see the whole story go here. I'll be glad to see the day, when every state makes these crimes class E felony offenses. Tennesse just passed an animal cruelty felony offense law last May. I applaud the Tennessee General Assembly for this! I just want to scream it makes me so mad. People need to realize there is a definite link between animal abuse and violent crime. I just hope they find whoever committed this horrible deed and reciprocate their actions, because that is what they deserve. All I can do is educate, I suppose, to teach people this kind of behavior is unacceptable! This is just going to make me stew all afternoon now. Made me think to post this passage that I got from one of my animal lists once:
The Animal Saviour I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter….the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. “God,” I said, “this is terrible! Why don’t you do something?” God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. “I have done something,” He replied. “I created you.” ~The Animals’ Saviour Copyright Jim Willis 1999

No comments: