Friday, June 25, 2004

Furry Friday!

It's a furry day in many US offices today. Today is Take Your Dog to Work Day!! This sounds like so much fun, unfortunately, I'm not able to participate at my office. I can just imagine all of those offices with little "furred" employees running around today. Sounds like a complete scream! I bought the local newspaper, night before last, and discovered that they had printed some pictures of the Fur Ball that I attended. I tried scanning the pictures to post for you all here, but they turned out a bit weird looking. I'll keep working on them and hopefully have at least one for perusal soon. The weather is horrible here today. The rain is coming down in torrents with no end in sight today. I had booked myself to help work an event across campus today, because I figured it would be fun to get out of the office for just a bit. Now, I'll just end up trudging across campus in the rain. I'll come back with the cuffs of my jeans and my shoes soaked, I'm sure. It's always so cold in my office THAT should be fun! I guess it's good weather if you are a duck or frog. I don't have that much planned for the weekend, except to swim OF COURSE!!. I may try to work on the house a little bit and get that madness whipped into some order. I'd really like to leave for vacation this year with a clean house. I worked a couple of hours over yesterday, so I'll get to leave a little earlier tomorrow. I'm planning on going to a local PetSmart in Nashville to visit with the local greyhound rescue. If and when Casey and I get to buy our house with a big fenced in backyard, I'd love to adopt a greyhound. I've always just loved them! I figured it would be fun to go and make some greyhound friends and sign up to volunteer for the local resuce, Greyhound Pets of America - Nashville. I'll give you all a full report on Monday. Maybe I can even take my camera and get a couple of shots while I'm there. Until next time...

No comments: