Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Fur Ball Frenzy and Weekend Report!

Sorry that I've not posted before now. I ended up being unavailable yesterday. The fur ball went down great! Despite the pouring rain, which began the minute I walked out the door from work, the fur ball was fabulous! It was held at a local place in Wartrace called The Garage. It was an old refurbished car garage, that had previously served as a hardware shop. There were two refurbished cars on display on the inside. One was a 1966 Super Sport, I believe (I'll try to make sure in the mean time), and the other one was white. I'm not sure what it was. There were round tables set up, and about 8 people could sit at one table. They had the cutest flower arrangements made for the table. They were made from wildflowers and Mighty Dog dog food cans. Everyone had a name tag made that looked like a paw print. They had a great band playing, but not so loud that you couldn't talk and visit. The food was superb! They had a cold bar going. There was different kinds of pasta salad, potato salad, macaroni salad, green been salad, etc., chips, chicken salad sandwiches, and ham n' biscuits. The best was the homemade chocolate icecream they'd handcranked. There were about 40 people there. Everything had been donated, so all monies made were profit. It was a very nice crowd, and I enjoyed visiting with everyone there. I did make some very good contacts, and it is nice to know that two groups are now working together within Bedford County. I really owe this one to my friend, Jennie Jones, at Kindred Spirits, for informing me of this event. I even won one of the doorprizes. Casey even commented how much fun this event was. Of course, he enjoyed having Jennie's husband, Jason, to visit with as well. It was an enjoyable evening indeed! I didn't do much else over the weekend. I did manage to get back to the pool on Sunday. I've made a pact with myself to improve the number of laps I can swim. I did much better this Sunday, and it wasn't nearly as hard. Hopefully by the end of the summer, I'll be swimming like a fish again. Casey went with me, and enjoyed the pool and relaxation as well. Monday was a yucky day. Must've gotten water in my ears from the pool, because I woke up with a horrible earache. Tried to ease it for most of the day, so I didn't get anything accomplished. I just managed to watch Sex in the City, which my friend, Melissa, had loaned me. I'd never seen any of this series, and I really enjoyed it. Because of the ears, I ended up taking yesterday off too. I feel some better today, so hopefully I'll be back to my old self soon! Don't worry if you can't see pictures on my site right now. Photobucket, which hosts my pictures, site is down. Hopefully, they'll be back up and running soon. Until next time... ADOPT A NEW FRIEND FOR LIFE AT YOUR LOCAL SHELTER!!!

No comments: