Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Return To Life

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm slowly slipping back into real life. I'm back to blogging regularly again. I've put up the winter design. So drop a comment and let me know what you guys think.

I'm happy to report that most of the brood is feeling better. Slate is still very snotty and still coughing. I'm probably going to call the vet back this afternoon, just to be sure. All of us are due to finish our anitbiotics on Thursday. Isn't it always the way. I feel better, just in time to go back to work! It sure is hard getting back into the swing of things. I hope that everyone had a good holiday season.

Since I'm so busy catching up today, I thought that I'd share this story that I received in an e-mail. I got it right before Christmas. I'm not sure of the source. So if anyone knows please leave me a comment, so I can credit it properly. Everyone have a great day!

Rescued: Dog Frozen On Tracks

Chippewa Falls - He's missing a lot of hair, but a Siberian husky has a new name and a new life - thanks to the men who rescued him when he was frozen to train tracks in Wisconsin, United States, just minutes before the train came.

Construction worker Jeremy Majorowicz said he thought it a little strange that the dog had been sitting on the train track for an hour-and-a-half in the cold.

Stranger still that he wouldn't accept a bite of muffin.

Majorowicz then called police.

Police officer Tim Strand said the dog was "shivering unmercifully" when he arrived. The dog would not come to him, so he called animal control officer Al Heyde, who also couldn't get the dog to budge.

Strand realised the dog was frozen to the tracks when he "lifted its tail and hind quarters".

Strand pulled hard on the dog's tail and was able to release him, but the dog lost a lot of hair.

"He gave a heck of a whelp," said Strand.

Just 10 minutes later, a train came down the track.

The dog was taken to the Chippewa County Humane Association, where workers have named him "Ice Train".

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Love the winter theme! Happy New Year. I'll shoot you an email later :)