Thursday, January 12, 2006

Purely Genetic

Today is going to be rather busy. I've got a big work meeting this morning that promises to take up my day until after lunch. I have nothing big or exciting to report, so I'll leave you guys with this news tidbit. It's about a kitten that was born with only one, large rather cycloptic looking eye and no nose. Many people said the photo was a hoax, but according to an AP photo expert, the photos had NOT been retouched or altered. It's an interesting case of science, but sad. For the full story and photos, click HERE.

1 comment:

theogeo said...

I'm thinking that if this is a photo of the kitten when it's practically a newborn, the eye would be closed and crusty, right, like all other new kittens? It just seems too wide open and clear to be real.

I'd love to trust the AP, but I think they may have been duped on this one.

What do you think?