Tuesday, January 31, 2006

What to Write???

Hmmmm...I seem to have a bit of writer's block today. Life was fairly uneventful over the weekend. My eye felt so nasty by the end of the day Saturday, I just ended up staying home. I did feel better Sunday. So, Casey and I were off to Franklin to meet my friend Pattie. She's going to do a lovely watercolor of my 4 dogs. So, Sunday's meeting was fun. I took a bunch of pictures for her to pick her subject references. I also got to choose the color of my paper. I'm really excited to have the ball rolling on this project. It's something I've wanted to do for such a long time. My next project is a painting of Bear from Melanie. She does absolutely beautiful work!! Go and visit her blog to see some of her fantastic work. Monday was the usual cleaning day.

The work for the humane association chili supper is coming along well. I really feel like this is going to be a great event for us. The wine tasting is also starting to come together. I have a couple of themes in mind, so I'm going to let you all vote. Just leave your vote in the comments:

1. A Toast to Spring and Spirits

2. (Picture of a big wine glass with a little begging dog looking at it) "Whining for Spring.

3. (A lot of local restaurants are coming in to have food tables) A Toast to the Taste of Shelbyville.

Any one of these or none at all could be used. The big vote will come at the Thursday night meeting. Let me know what you all think.

Details are even coming together for our 2nd Annual Celebration Pet Day. We've gotten our place booked and our date set. It's on Saturday, October 14, 2006. We are going to have a kick off brunch, a dog show, agility competition, and hopefully a canine act that night. Now I just have to set up meetings with my committee.

That's the first of the week rundown for me. Everyone have a great afternoon!

No comments: