Monday, January 09, 2006

Yick, Monday!

During the holidays, where I work is only open Monday through Friday. This means, instead of working Tuesday through Saturday, I find myself working a more conventional Monday through Friday schedule. Even though I get a few Saturdays off, it still irks me to actually be here on a Monday. Monday is my play day. It's my get things done around the house day. It's laundry day. It's my I need this day to prepare properly for my week!! It just throws me off to work on a Monday. It also doesn't help that today is Monday and it's my birthday, which makes me REALLY not want to be here. Luckily, this is my last Monday here for a while. We'll be returning to our normal schedule next week. You all can probably hear me exhaling that sigh of relief through your monitors. I'll be glad to get back to my normal routine. I just don't seem to take change well. It upsets my apple cart. I'm really trying to do better with it. I'd really like to be more spontaneous, but I'm a planner by nature: but I still try.

The weekend ended up being rather quiet. I really just wanted to hang around the house and get things done. Casey and I ended up running around Nashville after work on Friday. I was in search of my schipperke calendar at a discounted price. Yeah I'm a cheapskate, when it comes to calendars. Three malls and four hours later, I happily had it in my hands. We did a little shopping and had a cheap dinner in between. Because of this, we decided to just kick around the house. Casey did fix me a fabulous steak dinner in celebration of my birthday. My mom is having me to dinner tonight, and my office mates are treating me to a fantastic lunch today. One of my office mates made me some really yummy chocolate raspberry brownies today too! I certainly won't be hungry!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Today I informed Casey that I had officially declared it THE BIRTHDAY PRINCESS DAY!! I just wanted him to be prepared. I've decided that today, when something doesn't suit me, I'm going to play THE BIRTHDAY PRINCESS card. All should be right with the world. Things shouldn't trouble me today. I should get my way today. I think spritely elves should bring me yummy treats on a satin pillow, and I should get to watch as much Star Wars as I want. I also think that the world should bend to my will today. You guys don't think I'm over doing this do you? I think that everyone should have one day out of the year that they are the most special person around. Try it (it's not an option...I'm the Birthday Princess you know). It's fun. Even if you have to declare it yourself.

4 comments:

Kat Coble said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Michael Hickerson said...

Another January b'day person! Woo-hoo!

Happy birthday to you! :)

Jennifer said...

Happy, happy birthday, Princess! ;) Hope it's a great one!!

L^2 said...

Happy Birthday Cheryl!! Hope you had a fantastic day!