Thursday, January 19, 2006

Rescue Update

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I have some very happy news to report this morning. Nick, the Sharpei that we are fostering, is being placed in a Sharpei rescue. I was informed of a possible spot late last week. He is going to Sharpei Rescue of Tennessee, located in Decherd, TN tomorrow night. They will be finishing up his medical needs, such as his neutering and his necessary eye surgery. Apparently the eye condition is common in the Sharpei breed. After his medical procedures are finished, they will concentrate on placing him with a loving family that wants a Sharpei.

I'm a little sad that he's leaving me and Casey. I've grown quite attached to him, in the month he's been with us. BUT, I know that he's going to a place that specializes in helping dogs like him. They love the breed, and they find homes and families that love the breed. I just hope he finds a family as fabulous as he is.

I just want to say a special "THANK YOU!!!!" to the people who have helped us and Nick along his journey:

Thanks to Dr. Charles G. Kinard at Kinard Animal Hospital, who took Nick in and nursed him back to health.

Cindy Sherrill of Tennessee Sharpei Rescue who is giving Nick the chance he deserves.

Mary Hord of Almost Home Animal Rescue of Rutherford County who has searched for a place for Nick to go with me, since we found him.

And last but not least, Mrs. Kitty Graham and the Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association who has brought Nick in from the cold, and provided for his medical care so he can have a better life.

Hopefully, soon, I'll have a very happy ending and new pictures to share with all of you.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

That is wonderful news! Good luck to the puppy!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I hope the pup finds a home quickly. Such a cute little one.

Anonymous said...

That is VERY good news. I know you and Casey will miss him. I would be crying already...but knowing he was going to be going to a loving home would make it easier. He is lucky that he has you guys to help him.