Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Everything But The Kitchen Sink

I think that I'm finally back to my old self. It took a couple of days to adjust to Nick being gone, but I'm finally on the mend. I pretty much spent all weekend relaxing. Casey cooked some fabulous dinners, and we just kicked back to watch DVDs. We watched Hustle & Flow and The Wedding Crashers, both of which I enjoyed. Casey's movie choice was top notch, this past weekend. It poured rain all weekend, so in between, I got lots of reading done. I'm a bit anal when it comes to reading, so I always have a book stash to keep me occupied. Yesterday, I spent the whole day cleaning. I'm just about to get all of that deep cleaning done.

I have several things on the agenda for the humane association. I've got several big fundraisers to plan for in the coming months. Our first is a chili supper that I arranged. The arrangements are firm. The restaurant is doing everything for us. All we have to do is advertise. Here's the details:

Image hosting by Photobucket

The next event up is the annual wine tasting. It's been moved to the spring this year, so we are having it April 29th. I've been picked to come up with a theme. EEEEEK!! I have NO idea. Since our event was in the fall, it was called "Taste Around the Holidays". The most pitiful best I've come up with so far is "A Toast to Spring and Spirits" or something like that. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Then in October, I'm organizing our 2nd annual Celebration Pet Day. I've got a date nailed down now, Ocotober 14, so the real planning can start. I've got lots more help than last year. I have a whole committee this year!! We've got the Bedford County Ag Center all booked. I think it will be a great place to hold our event: two rings and plenty of space to hold all of our events. Here's the plan so far. We are holding a kickoff brunch for the kids (and any adults that want to attend). I'm hoping to get some of my 501st Legion friends to troop the event and be available for pictures. We have a dog show planned, an agility competition planned, and I'm hoping for a performing canine act for that night. Does anyone know of any canine acts in the middle Tennessee area? So, I have LOTS of planning to do. Any and all suggetions are welcome. Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

Kat Coble said...

I'm sorry that Nick is gone, but I'm sure he'll be great.

That chili supper is something my husband would love. We may have to drive down there. As far as the wine tasting...it may be a little risque, but since it's right around May 1 you could advertise it as "May Day Eve Bacchianal". Although that may be too raunchy for a little ol' wine tasting. Your "toast to spring and spirits" is very nice.