Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Post Birthday Fodder

Yesterday, when I got home from work, I had a nice package waiting for me. It certainly was a bright spot for a dreary, gloomy day. It was a birthday present for me from Casey's aunt. That box was packed with all kinds of goodies. The contents were as follows: designer makeup bag with one of a kind artwork, 2 pairs of socks, 2 REALLY cute dog frames, 3 snowman candles (I collect snowmen to display December and January), and one fat envelope of Christmas/Birthday money for Casey and me. She really does send the coolest boxes!! Needless to say, I was in post birthday meltdown! After all of the agonizing I did over my mom's monetary birthday gift, it only took me a split second to decide what I wanted to do with this birthday money. By 9 p.m., I was the proud owner of my very own Master Replicas Force FX Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber. Say that over again, 10 times fast. I know that it was probably wasteful and childish to purchase one of these in the middle of January, but I just couldn't help myself. THIS ladies and gentlemen, THIS is the lightsaber I've been waiting for since I was 12 years old! I first saw one of these back in the early spring, before Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith was released. I was instantly and totally in love. It was just one of the coolest things that I had ever seen. I finally walked away from it. I thought that it was just something that I could get over wanting , but it just didn't go away. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted it. So now, after many months of waiting, I have my very own complete with its own special display stand.

I got it home and unpacked it. That thing was packed more carefully than a Waterford crystal vase! I fired it up in all of its beautiful glory. Poor Fergie, who isn't a fan of the lightsaber sound, ended up spending about a half hour hiding in the bathroom. I, of course, had to take it and show it to my mom (who lives next door). Then I just had one of those nights again, because my brother and I were out in the front yard battling with it. It certainly made an interesting sight for the neighbors. Last night was officially the first snowfall of the season for my neck of the woods. Big, white, fluffy, wet flakes that looked beautiful falling. And there I was, out in the yard, fighting my force battles. I'm really worried that I might be going through a second childhood or something. Anyway all of this is to say, I had a fantastic night last night. It's not often those days come around, and I like to take full advantage of enjoying them.

I really wanted to get some pictures last night, but my camera battery is still not charging for some reason. I guess it's just time to get a new one. It's charging up today, so hopefully, I'll have some new pictures for the blog soon. I think I'll just keep my fingers crossed that today will be just as much fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Barb....I too am sooo jealous.
What a cool gift you bought yourself. That is soooo neat!!! I love Star Wars...Happy Birthday!