Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Back To Normal

I can't tell ya'll how happy I am to be back on my regular schedule. I'm really not sure how today will go, since classes start today. It's raining, so that always makes the first day interesting.

Casey and I really had a nice 3 day weekend. On Saturday, we went into Nashville to do a little shopping. We stopped into the now liquidating Media Plays around the area to look for bargains. We picked up a couple of DVDs and CDs cheap. There were a few other things I looked at but decided against. We also stopped by Old Navy . They were having a fantastic 75% off sale. I picked up a sweater and a purse. Casey grabbed a couple of polar fleece water proof pullovers. We got out of there for under $20!! Then, we were off to downtown for Casabona Italian Restaurant to spend one of our gift certificates. I was really looking forward to it. I have to say that I was a bit disappointed. The atmosphere was pleasing, but I was hoping for Italian music, instead of Van Halen. The hostess seemed a bit out of it. It took a while just to get our name on the waiting list. The wait was 30-45 minutes, even though there were many tables empty at 5:30-6:00 p.m. I'm suspecting a shortage of wait staff. I was also disappointed, since I don't eat salad, that there were no soup offerings. I love a good Italian soup. Our waitress was great, but it took a long time to get our food. I had the Spinach Tortellini in the reggiano cream sauce. Casey had the Pomodoro Penne pasta with italian sausage (It had a name, but I can't remember it). Both of our dishes were really tasty but very rich. I don't know. It just wasn't as fabulous as I expected. We are going to try it again. Maybe they were just having an off night. Thank goodness we have another gift certificate.

Casey and I had a very relaxing Sunday. We got up and had a tasty breakfast of link sausages and waffles. Then we got ready and went to see a Sunday matinee of Hoodwinked. It was a very cute movie indeed!! I really enjoyed it. Afterwards, we came home and puttered around. We had our italian leftovers for dinner and watched Lords of Dogtown on DVD. I enjoyed that movie as well. Yesterday, Casey and I did what we call, "Operation Organize". Casey reorganized all of the cabinets in the kitchen, while I organized the chest of drawers in the bedroom and cleaned house. We got a lot accomplished, and I'm so proud of us! Little by little, we're getting everything together. I also got Nick to the groomer's for his medicated bath. He looked so nice afterwards. He's scheduled again next week. Hopefully, I'll know something more concrete from the rescues, by the end of the week.

Gotta get moving now. I hope everyone has a great day!!

No comments: