Friday, January 13, 2006

Rainy Day Friday

It looks like our unseasonably warm January weather may come to an end. I woke up this morning to pouring rain and the temperature dropping. I hear by tonight, we have a chance of seeing snow. A little farther to the east, they are expecting 2-4 inches. I know whatever we see here won't stick around, because it's supposed to be back in the low 50's tomorrow. It still would be nice to at least see a little of the white, fluffy stuff this year.

Not much is going on today. We are expecting the students back to move in sometime this afternoon. So, we should stop looking like the land of the dead soon. I'm anxious for everything to get back into full swing. The break is nice, but it does seem to drag at the end. I really miss my regular routine.

Casey and I are going to get some shopping done this weekend. Tomorrow, we are driving into Nashville. I think we are probably going to spend the day in town and use one of our gift certificates for dinner. It will be a nice way to break the monotony. We figure that it will be a nice way to spend a 3 day weekend. I'm not too sure what we'll do on Sunday. We may just hang around the house and watch movies or something. Maybe we can go to a matinee. It's been a few weeks, since we've been. On Monday, I'm taking Nick to the groomer's to have another one of his medicated baths. I'd do it myself, but he's gained so much weight. He's now officially strong as an ox too. It's just too hard to do in my teeny bathroom. The shampoo has to soak on him for at least 10 minutes, and I don't believe that dog is EVER still for 10 minutes. He's so boisterious now that he's feeling better, I couldn't even begin to imagine it. Well, that's the Zoo report for the day. I hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend!!

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

There's a holiday this weekend? No one told my boss that. But for now I wouldn't want it, because we don't get paid holidays. Hell, I'm just happy to have a job right now.

Enjoy your long weekend. It's freezing here in PA but thankfully we didn't get much snow.