Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year 2006!

I would like to wish everyone a VERY Happy, Healthy, and Wealthy New Year 2006! I have a few spare minutes online tonight, so I thought I'd post an update. After my last post on Christmas Eve, I completely lost my voice. I walked around for 3 more days just thinking I had a case of laryngitis. Last Monday, I finally gave up and went to the walk-in clinic. As it turned out, I had a major case of strep throat. That was the reason that I drug around for the last 2 weeks. After most of a prescription of antibiotics, I'm finally feeling like myself again. Just in time to go back to work, huh? Casey is feeling better too. He finally started feeling human again last Wednesday. That respirtory bug he had was so bad, that 2 of our dogs actually caught it!! I had Bear into the vet early yesterday morning. He kept us both awake all night on Thursday night coughing. Slate has it too. I didn't think that was possible, but the vet confirmed as much. So now, Slate, Bear, Nick, and I are all on antibiotics. Nick is the good news case to report. We still don't have a new home for him yet, but he's recovering from all of infections. He's gained a little over 10 pounds in the past week. He's in really good spirits and wants to play all of the time.

I'm over at my Mom's right now. Me, Casey, Mom and my brother are all getting ready to ring in the new year. We are waiting for Dick Clark's return. We've got a bottle of champagne ready. So here's a toast to all of my friends (furry and otherwise) and family this New Year!! I'll be back online with regular updates on Tuesday!!

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

How do you get all these ailments chica?

Happy New Year! Take care of yourself!