Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Lounging By the Pool

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Casey and I had a wonderful weekend. Casey had to work at the game place on Saturday, so I spent the afternoon over at the pool. Even though it was really hot on Saturday, there weren't a lot of people at the pool. Hard to believe, but the swimming laps were all open. I managed to get all of my kickboard laps done and was able to relax too. The water was near perfect. Casey had Sunday off (his first day off in 15 days). Since he was planning to hook the new X-Box up, I hadn't planned anything for us to do. I figured that he would just want to sit around and chill. Boy was I wrong. He was hyper to do something. I suggested more swimming off of the top of my head. He absolutely jumped on it. So, we got our suits on and headed out. We didn't leave the pool until closing time. After an entire weekend of swimming, I'm wondering what took me so long to get back to the pool this year. I'm already planning on getting over there tomorrow afternoon and this weekend.

Yesterday, I took Mom in for her regular doctor's checkup. He said that everything looked good and did the usual bloodwork. After her appointment, I took her out for a nice belated birthday lunch. We went by the mall and did a little shopping too. We spent the rest of the day running around Nashville in the heat doing errands. I had saved up all of the little things to do in one trip. We didn't get home until after 5 p.m., and I was totally exhausted.

Not much going on today. I'm just trying to get odds and ends cleaned up. I have some pictures to post, but I'm charging my camera battery. Hopefully, I'll have updates in a couple of days. Everyone have a good day!

1 comment:

Michael Hickerson said...

Another lap swimmer, eh? Woo-hoo!

Where do you swim laps?

And yes, finding all the lap lanes open is a blessed and rare event. :)