Monday, August 29, 2005

The Honorable??

First of all, my thoughts and prayers are with all of those in the path of Katrina. May you stay safe and well.

What a weekend!! It went by so fast that I hardly even noticed it. I took Friday night off from Kindred Spirits, so I could get a little rest. It was a good thing too! I was asleep by 8:30 p.m. I can't remember the last time that I went to bed that early. Saturday was a good day at the kennel. Since I had gotten a lot of my routine stuff throughout the week, I got to be with the dogs a lot more. I took Cash, the big silver lab, out for a walk and some heeling lessons. I also got to take Tipper, Jennie's border collie, over to the little local park. He and I walked over 2 miles on the path, before coming back to cool down under the picnic pavillion. I made several great pics of Tipper to share with you all this week. Every kennel is full. We have big dogs. We have little dogs and every other size in between. The next couple of weeks are going to be really busy.

Yesterday was the Celebration Dog Show. It went really well. I was more than a little nervous, when I arrived. As the show got going, I started to relax. They had twelve classes. They had costume, look-a-like, children 8 yrs. and under, 9 yrs. and over, puppy, women's, men's, obedience, and several others. The show had nearly 500 entries!! I couldn't believe that it was so big. Some of the classes had over 30 entries. One of my favorite classes was the trick class. We had a smaller class, so it was a lot easier to judge. The winner was a blue heeler and his little buddy that was a yorkie. The heeler led the yorkie around on a leash. He then put the yorkie in a sit. Then, he went around and collected everyone's trash and put it in the trash can. At the end, he went and got a rose in his mouth and presented it to me. What a cute little pair of dogs!! I really did enjoy myself. It was crazy to hear myself announced as "The honorable judge Richardson." I tried to judge fairly with the knowledge that I have. I think most everyone went away happy. There was even one schipperke there in the puppy class. Oh so cute! Let me tell you, that puppy class was way to cute! There was also the cutest and tiniest little chihuahua. I did get a lot of pictures, but it zapped my camera battery. So, it's at home charging today. I'll have them up for you all tomorrow.

Today will be pretty busy work wise. It's the first day of the fall semester, so I expect that it will get pretty crazy. So you all hang in there with me for the next couple of days. It may get hairy here because of the weather. Hurricane Katrina is supposed to barrel through Tennessee at tropical storm force. We are expecting bad storms and high winds. They tell us to expect power outages as well. What a week! Everyone hang in there and have a great day!

2 comments:

theogeo said...

THe show sounds like it was a lot of fun! And school starting back sounds even ... funner! Good luck! Try not to strangle loud, messy freshmen who abuse the computer area! :)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Cheryl. I know Katrina will be headed your way or at least what will be left of it. Right now we have no rain, but we have about 30-35 mph winds, so we were lucky....this time.