Saturday, August 06, 2005

Doggie Paddling

It's the weekend finally! I think a lot about swimming, as you all know, during the summer. I can't believe this story that I came across, while I was surfing the web this morning.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Photo and story from MSNBC.com

It's a story about Jake. Jake is the first dog (a Golden Retriever) to swim from Alcatraz to the San Francisco shoreline in history. He swam the WHOLE thing with 500 other competitors, along with his owner. Not only did he finish the swim, but he placed 72nd!! Waaaaaaay to go Jake! I wish I could doggie paddle that good. Click HERE to read the full story on MSNBC and see the video coverage!

Not a real busy day today. I managed to get a lot of stuff done during the week. I got caught up with the laundry, got the house cleaned, and got Bear out for his walk most nights. I've also been busy learning how to play Casey's new X-Box. That thing definitely makes me feel old and uncoordinated. I am getting better now. I'm playing Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.Image hosted by Photobucket.com I'm playing the Padawan level, which makes it a great game to learn to play. I hate to admit it, but I am getting addicted to the thing. Casey's been busy playing Halo and Halo 2. Between the two of us, we've been keeping the X-Box hot. Not a lot planned for the weekend. Casey has to work at the game place ALL weekend. I'm not sure if we'll make the drive-in tonight or not. A lot depends on the weather and how Casey feels this afternoon. I'm planning to get by the pool again today. I did managed to drag my lazy self over there yesterday. I got quite a few kickboard laps in, but it took forever to get a lane. I'll be back at the kennel working on Monday. It will be nice to see what dogs are there this week. I really do miss it, when I'm away. I hope that everyone has a GREAT weekend!

No comments: