Friday, August 26, 2005

Working Like a Dog

Whew!! I'm really glad that it's Friday. I've been pulling double duty all this week. I've been working at the library and at Kindred Spirits all week. I really haven't minded it at all, but I am definitely starting to get tired. I have to admit that the spirit is willing, but the flesh is getting weak at this point. I've enjoyed getting to spend the afternoons with all of the dogs. It's a really good way to unwind from the day. Wednesday afternoon, I took Bear with me. He got to run around and play in the small play yard. After I was finished with the afternoon feeding, I went out and we played ball. He was so funny running around with his little tailess butt. He got all of his playing out. He slept on the ride back home, and that's something he NEVER does. We've not had many other dogs this week, so I've really tried to spend good quality time with the boarders. We've played ball and frisbee everyday. It's amazing how little it takes to make a dog really happy. It's so unconditional.

Last night, I spent my time finishing the deep clean that I had started this past Saturday. This consisted of cleaning the play yards, cleaning the kennel gates and top dividers, and really giving the kennel room a good, disenfecting mop. My back and hands are really feeling it today too. It's a good thing I got finished, because we have every kennel booked for the next two weeks. Then my time will be spent on baths, training, and lots of laundry!! There's never a dull day or the same day twice there. We'll see what there is to do tomorrow.

Sunday is the day that I'll be doing my dog show judging stint. I talked with the organizer, and I think they have about nine classes scheduled. There will be a kids costume class, and adult's costume, ladies class, gentlemen's class, and a best in show that I know of right now. I hope that I place everyone well, and most people are happy with my choices. I've got a couple of people that are going with me, so I should be able to get some good pics to post here next week. I'm going to try to be better about getting pics posted, but I just haven't made any lately. Everyone cross their fingers and wish me luck! I hope that everyone has a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's you moral support coming for Sunday. Sunshine and I will be there by 1:00 or 1:15 p.m.

See you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!