Wednesday, August 24, 2005

We NEED To Do Something About This!!!!

I received this information in my Petwarmers list this morning. This is absolutely horrible!! Since Chrissy lives in Texas, maybe she can shed some more light on this. My thanks to Kathleen for her permission to post this!

A TEXAS TRAGEDY

by Kathleene S. Baker

A horrible atrocity has been committed in Texas.

Please brace yourselves before reading further. However, being Petwarmer members and pet lovers, I feel you must be informed.

Hopefully, if enough of us join together, we will create a force to be reckoned with. A tragedy of this magnitude must be prevented from happening again ­- EVER! ANYWHERE!

In Jourdanton, Texas, on or about July 11, a City Supervisor ordered two employees to cage and drown the dogs in their animal control facilities. For this to happen in water is beyond imagination, but these unfortunate animals were drowned at the sewer plant -- in sewage!

Sadly, a young child witnessed this from a distance. Can you imagine how helpless he felt, or the visions that will remain with him? They will be visions of a nightmare that took place before his very eyes in broad daylight -- visions of man¹s best friend suffering a terrible fate. And more than likely, he will forever remember the fearful, desperate sound -- those of screaming and yelping dogs as they fought to live.

The City Manager did his best to sweep this nasty event under the carpet, and when approached about it, he wrote a simple reprimand to the Supervisor. Nothing more. Only a reprimand for torturing animals -- when there are laws against it.

It truly boggles the mind and breaks my heart! Not to mention, taxpayers shell out money to pay wages for people of this caliber.

I thank each and every one of you in advance for signing the petition. We cannot allow things of this nature to take place, and especially with no consequences for those involved. Why do we have laws, if they are not to be enforced?

When you give your pets hugs and kisses this evening, please remember the dogs that suffered a tragic, terrifying death at the hands of two heartless, evil human beings.

-- Kathleene S. Baker

___________________________________________

You can learn the details of this story by going to the Google search engine at: http://www.google.com and typing in the words, "Jourdanton Dog Drownings". A list of sites with stories will pop up.You can also help tremendously by signing the petition:

HERE

It's the people like this that I try to stop. It just makes me sooooo mad!! What idiots! I hope that you all will join with me by signing the petition. Let's all just flood their e-mail boxes and give them LOTS of bad publicity! If you would like to e-mail Kathleen drop me an e-mail, and I'll get her address to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was the first I had heard of this. I still have tears in my eyes. I signed the petition and will post it on my blog also.

Makes me a shame to even live in Texas. There are still some backwards cities that think "what is the big deal...it is just an animal". Those people are ignorant.

Maybe one day but probably not in my lifetime, animal cruelty will be a thing of the past...but I doubt it ..not as long as their are stupid people in this world.

Thanks for the info Cheryl. I will tell everyone I know about the petition including our shelter.