Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Bow Wow, Bow Wow!!

I just knew it all along!! For years, people have been convinced that it's not the actual words that dogs understand, but it's the tone used. It seems that researchers are finding this false, and dogs DO understand what we are saying to them. I discovered this reading an article at MSNBC. I surely could have told everyone this. Vocal commands are the basis of obedience training. At the kennel, we use different worded commands for the behavior that we want. The dogs understand us and perform the command. Also at home, it always seems they understand what I'm saying to them. I just knew it! For the full story and information, click HERE.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Manuela Hartling / Reuters
Border collie Rico, who can fetch at least 200 objects by name, retrieves a Pokemon toy June 10 in Berlin. Rico can figure out which objects his owner wants even if he has never heard the word before.Border collie Rico, who can fetch at least 200 objects by name, retrieves a Pokemon toy June 10 in Berlin. Rico can figure out which objects his owner wants even if he has never heard the word before.

Such a great article! Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

teresa said...

I totally agree! My pups know just what I'm saying, even with my mouth full. I think it's like recognizing a familiar tune. Love your blog, too! I'll be back!