Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Frisbee Anyone?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm working some extra evening time over at Kindred Spirits this week. Jennie's busy with the new house and floors, so I volunteered to do the afternoon feedings. It's been pretty quiet this week. We only have a couple of dogs in for now but by the weekend, we look to be pretty booked. Last Saturday, after all of the work was done, I decided to take Jennie's border collie, Tipper, out to play. The heat was pretty intense, but he wanted to play so badly. I decided that we'd head out for about 15 minutes. I figured that was all he or I could take. Anyway, we headed out to the big play yard for a game of frisbee. Tipper has had a lot of training. He's received his AKC Good Citizen certification, and he's had intensive agility training. We always use him as a demo dog, when we do group obedience classes. Also, Tipper's got a ball drive that won't quit. Anyway, we got out there finally and began to play. Tipper was just so happy. He looked like one of those championship Frisbee dogs! We both had so much fun! His form was quite good. I accidentally sailed the frisbee over the fence once, and Tipper seriously considered climbing the 7 ft. fence to get it. Anyway, after a few minutes in the heat, we were both ready to get cooled off. I promised him that we would play again soon. Yesterday presented the perfect opportunity to have another game. I think that our cool front finally came through, and it was decent enough by around 6:30 last night. As soon as I had everyone feed, Tipper and I headed back outside with the frisbee. He was even more impressive yesterday! It was cool enough that his energy level was very high. We continued our game for about 30 minutes yesterday. I decided to play as long as he wanted. He finally let me know it was time to rest by dropping his frisbee in the water bucket. We headed back inside to get him settled for the night. Needles to say, I had a very happy dog on my hands. I'm hoping to get some pictures of Tipper in action this week. I even have feature to make some little Quicktime movies. If I can figure out how to post those for you all, I will. Anybody know how to do that? I'm hoping to take him out every afternoon this week, if the weather permits. I guess you all can tell that I'd do this, even if I wasn't getting paid...(just kidding Jennie...wink, wink)! Everyone have a great day!

No comments: