Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Another New Month!

I can't believe how fast this summer is flying by! Sorry for the Tuesday absence. My weekend was o.k, but I don't think I can say the same for Casey's. I didn't manage to get a swim in over the weekend. I had too much to do around the house. I managed to finally get that "date" in with the dishwasher, and did loads upon loads of laundry. At least I feel a little more caught up now. Mom's doctor appointment went well. She got a good checkup. Afterwards, we drove over to the Green Hills area and ate at Princeton's Grille. Mom had a wonderful chunky chicken salad plate with lots of fresh fruit and banana bread. I had the chicken tenders plate. It was HUGE! We both had lots of leftovers to carry with us. After we got home on Monday, Casey decided that he was going to clean out the garage a little. He was going to make some extra space in the garage for the fish tank that we picked up at the yard sale last week. About 15 minutes later, he comes running into the house yelling at the top of his lungs. For the longest, I couldn't get him to tell me what was wrong! It seems that he disturbed a nest of yellow jackets and had gotten stung by the lot of them! All over! Since I wasn't sure if he was going to be allergic or not, I tried to take the necessary precautions. I filled ice packs for him and gave him a big dose of benedryl. He still had a lot of swelling around one of his eyes, but that was about it. Luckily, he suffered no ill affects. Now he is just contending with the itching mostly and a little tenderness where he got stung on the face. Unfortunately, one of the worst parts was as he realized his face was being stung, he tried to bat them away and ended up knocking his glasses off in the garage next to the nest. We had to leave them out there until after we had bombed the nest, and it was safe enough to go in and retrieve them. Believe me, we had tried before the bombing and those little suckers came out and chased us every time! Poor thing. Not only was he in pain, but he was blind as well. I know that was just awful! We had our own version of Fear Factor going on in the backyard, as we tried to get close enough to spray the nest down. We'd spray a little, the nasty buggers would all fly toward us, and we'd just take off running! I'm sure the neighbors had a fabulous time watching the hilarity of it all. I ended up staying home with him yesterday. I was up most of Monday night with him, so I just vegged yesterday. So much for a boring weekend huh? Oh well, maybe the rest of the week will be interesting but uneventful. I'm planning on getting some swimming in this afternoon. I'm sure it will be a welcome break from all of the sweltering heat we're getting. Seems I'm melting!! Not much planned other than work today. Oh well, until next time.....

1 comment:

theogeo said...

Ack! That sucks! I hope he's feeling better now!