Saturday, August 07, 2004

So Very Tired....

Casey and I ended up completely changing last night's plans. We ended up going to Franklin. Our first stop was the Factory at Franklin and the Viking Store. Casey ended up purchasing his coveted Microplaner/Zester. He's been wanting this for some time to be able to grind fresh spices, such as nutmeg and also to do grating and fruit zesting. It's a pretty nifty little tool, I must say. It wasn't very expensive given the amount of quality either. After Viking, we stepped across the hall to Happy Tales Humane. They had all of their dogs in from foster homes and available to view for adoption. They sure did have some cutie pies too! After visiting with the dogs, we stopped by the cat room. They have the most beautiful cats there too! I've never been in a shelter that smelled so fresh! I've just got to learn their secret. They had a LOT of people in, so I'm hoping they did a lot of good adoptions yesterday afternoon. I'm just so glad when ANY homeless animal gets a good home! After we left the Factory, we headed to a little dog shop called Bones Du Jour. It's a little specialty dog shop that has bowls, collars, leashes, novelty items. It also has a dog bakery built in as well. They specialize in the homemade dog treats. They have a sign a lot like the Krispy Kreme Doughnut shops that says "Hot Bones" and lights up, when they have fresh treats just coming out of the oven. I thought that was just too cute! We bought the dogs a big bag of treats. We bought sausage and cheddar bones, peanut butter and carob bones, and BBQ rib stick treats. They are just gonna love me so much tonight!! After our little shopping excursions, we stopped by Carrabba's Italian Grill to eat, which is my absolute favorite place in the whole world!! I had gone in with the intention of trying something new, but ended up sticking with my favorite the, Pasta Carrabba, instead. Too yummy!! We had decided to eat somewhere really good, because afterwards we had decided to go to Wild Oats Market to grocery shop. It's an all organic grocery that has some really good stuff! We knew that if we didn't eat before hand, that we would buy way too much stuff. We ended up getting some spices, pasta, stuffed chicken breasts, and lots of fresh fruit! I just love that place. Organically grown and processed foods really do taste much better, and I highly recommend that everyone try one of the grocieries close by. The final stop of the night was Petsmart. Could we ever have a weekend go by that a Petsmart trip wasn't on the list? We picked up a new dog bowl for Shiloh, the Jack Russell. The kittens had broken hers while on a wild playing fray, earlier in the week. She had been very unhappy about having to share food bowls, and was very happy to have one of her own again. Needless to say, we got in very late (well late for us folks that have to get up at 3:30 a.m. everyday). So, this morning I'm feeling very tired and sleepy. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. This afternoon I have an appointment to get my hair cut, and we still need to get to Aquatic Critter to pick up some crickets. Looks like it may be another late night for us again. At least I'm off tomorrow. I'm planning to swim tomorrow, since I've got an appoinment at Puppy Palace to meet with my grooming mentor on Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the meeting goes well, and that I can start learning in September. Looks like another weekend with a full plate. I hope everyone has as beautiful Saturday as it is here!! Toodles!

No comments: