Friday, August 06, 2004

Friday Perspective

It's Friday, finally! That time of the week when everything starts winding down in favor of a more relaxed pace of life. Even though I work on Saturdays, I still love Fridays. I guess it's the symbolism of it that I love. Also, Casey and I always get to go out and occassionally do things on Friday nights. We don't have anything mindblowing planned for tonight, but we will be out and about. We've got to make a quick trip into Nashville to night for a stop at Aquatic Critter. Seems we are out of small crickets for our new baby lizards. Got to feed the kids you know. We may hop on over to Franklin. Casey is wanting to get by the Viking Store to check out some new cookware. Afterwards, I think that we are meeting some work friends of Casey's for Chinese tonight. Heaven help me, it's a buffet! We always fly by the seat of our pants on these Friday afternoon jaunts, so who knows what we'll end up doing. I don't have anything monumental on the "to do" list for today, so the day will probably drag on and on. I'm all caught up with shelter work, unless Kitty calls and tells me otherwise. It's been really slow on adoptions the past month. I hope that the pace picks back up soon. We sure need to find those babies good homes. Funny thing is, most all of the animals we take in have the best attitudes. Very rarely do we get one with a hateful disposition. It always makes me wonder how these wonderful creatures have come to be abandoned and unwanted. I see their little personalities sparkling, and it just breaks my heart. I'll never understand how people can just pitch animals away. I just have to make sure that I find all of the good homes that I can, but sometimes I just feel helpless. It's a case of two steps forward and one step back, but that's o.k.. At least we are still moving forward. I think we have several adoptions pending over the weekend, so I'll just cross my fingers and hope all goes well with those. Happy Friday everyone!!

No comments: