Friday, August 27, 2004

Here Comes the Weekend!

No bites on the 2 little, cute Chihuahuas yet. It's been really slow, but hopefully after Labor Day, the adoption offers will pick up again. Yesterday was a fairly successful day at work; but by the end of it I was fairly stressed. I spent most of the day working on the fall schedule with the budget that the library allows me. We are open everyday from 7:30a.m.-midnight, so covering every hour we are open with a student, is like squeezing blood from a stone. As it turns out, I'm going to have to let 3 of my students go, until later in the semester when hopefully some more hours will turn up. Then, while I was sitting at my desk banging my head working on the schedule, it seems the staff meeting, that we had to sign up for specific sessions, had begun. I hadn't even eaten my lunch yet, so I ended up having my lunch at a staff meeting. All of these things had made me a very cranky girl indeed, so by the time I maneuvered my way back home, through horseshow traffic, I was fit to be tied! Casey had made a fabulous dinner as usual: Chicken breast with Panko bread crumbs stuffed with proscuito ham and guerre cheese!! It was heavenly. Just as we were sitting down to dinner, the phone rang. It was Casey's aunt calling to tell us that she would be coming into town to visit friends and go to the horseshow. EEEEEP! Complete panic. The house looks like a tornado struck it right now. So, this afternoon I have to go home and clean the house so thouroughly it can withstand a white glove test. Needles to say, I probably need some zen today or something.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I have a trip to Nashville planned. Casey's birthday is next weekend, and Mom and I are going birtday shopping and have lunch. While in town, we are stopping by a local PetSmart. Every Saturday, one of the local greyhound rescues, Greyhound Pets of America-Nashville holds a meet and greet there. I've always loved greyhounds, and one day, I hope to have one of my very own. I hope that I get to meet a lot of neat greys tomorrow. I'm taking the camera, so I'm going to take lots of pictures. I think we may have found the camera cords, so maybe Monday, I can post some of the pictures here. I'm sure after I get back into town and pick Casey up from work, we'll probably go and meet his aunt and uncle somewhere for dinner. Who knows, we may even end up at the horseshow. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: