Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Wishful Wednesday

Yesterday seemed to go a little better for me healthwise. I'm finally starting to feel better. I don't feel 100% quite yet, but I'm slowly getting there. I had a pretty uneventful day yesterday. Just the regular with work, which is slow because summer classes end on Friday. One of my students, Lindsey, who had been doing an internship in Birmingham, Alabama is back in town and popped by to pay us all a visit. We did a lot of catching up and visiting which was really nice. It made an otherwise boring afternoon interesting. I did manage to get over to the pool and get my laps done for the day. It seemed I struggled a little with it, but I figure that was because I wasn't feeling in top shape. Afterwards, Casey and I went over to my Mom's for dinner. After filling ourselves to the brim, it was a race to get all of the creatures fed and settled in for the night. After the settling, I sat down on the sofa to do some reading. I'm now on the 4th book in the Outlander series. It's called Drums of Autumn. I just finished Voyager over the weekend, so I'm only about 100 pages in right now. I can tell that it's going to be every bit as good as the last 3. If any of you are looking for a good read, that's hard to put down, I HIGHLY recommend this series. I haven't gone through books at this rate in a long time, and they are all over 700 pages! I did manage to check out, from the university library here, The Time Traveler's Wife. It is supposed to be a lot like the Outlander series. I haven't started that one but a friend of mine has, and she's says it's absolutely fabulous. I'm looking forward to reading that one after I finish this series. Seems like my "to read" list is longer than it has been in a long time. Slate, Bear, and Shiloh obviously didn't want me to accomplish any reading. Slate had his head on the left page, Bear had his head on the right page, and Shiloh was trying to sit behind me. Then, Biscuit our gray and white cat got in on the action. After much head petting, baby talk, and pushing I finally managed to start reading. It's so hard to read when they don't want you too! I got an e-mail from The Humane Society of the United States. It was talking about the homeless dog problem they are having in Greece. With the Olympic Games about to start, they are afraid that the city management may just poison the dogs to be rid of them. They are asking everyone to e-mail or write to the prime minister and request that the dogs be spared this fate. I'm passing along this information to you all, in hopes that you will send an e-mail along with me. The more voices that ask, the more they may be willing to listen. Here's the prime minister's addres: info@primeminister.gr You can read the entire article with all of the info here. I hope that you all will participate with me, so we can make a difference. For all of you readers over in the UK, please feel free to particpate as well. You can make a difference too!

No comments: