Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Can It Possibly Be Morning Already?!!!

I can't believe that it's time to get at it and face another day. I feel like I just got to bed, even though I turned in pretty early. Dawn is such a cruel force of nature sometimes. I got a few things "ticked" off of my "to do" list yesterday. I finally got my desk cleaned off and organized at work. That was such a daunting task, but I finally got everything sorted out. Unfortunately, there is so much stuff hanging out in the "what do we need to do with this?" pile that it doesn't look much different.

After work, I went to my humane association's monthly meeting ( a shout out to all of you members that are visiting my blog!). It was nice to have a lot on our itinerary to discuss. Seems that one of the local car dealerships, Mark Pirtle, in Shelbyville is going to support our cause. They've decided to hold a benefit car wash with all of the proceeds going to us. It's going to be held on Sunday, Sept. 5, 2004. They are going to have free hotdogs and drinks for anyone who stops by too! They've decided that ALL donations are acceptable; be it dog food, kitty litter, toys, etc. The dealership has also got these really cool little gift bags to give to car buyers, if they are pet owners. The little bag contains a frizbee, food dish, and food scoop, and they are all going to be embossed with our association's name and logo. I thought that was pretty cool! There are various other things that they are doing for us as well. We are all really excited that we are getting some help by a bigger business in town. Hopefully, it will increase awareness. So today, I need to create a Power Point slide with an announcement about the car wash and send it to our local access cable channel. If you are a non-profit group, the cable company will advertise your event for free. Hopefully, they will get the slide up quickly, since we only have a little over a week to advertise. Well, I'm off to be creative in Power Point. Until next time.....

No comments: