Monday, August 30, 2004

Dog Days of Summer Weekend!

What a wonderful weekend I had. I got up very early on Saturday morning (4 a.m.), so I could keep the car and go into Nashville. After I got back home and got everything ready, Mom and I were on our way. Mom treated me to a wonderful lunch at Applebee's, and then we were off to the 100 Oaks Mall and PetSmart. I had made the trip just to do the greyhound meet and greet held by The Greyhound Pets of America-Nashville. They were all out front, and I could see them as soon as I entered the parking lot. The Nashville chapter volunteers were GREAT!! They were very friendly and most willing to discuss their dogs and answer any questions. The greyhounds themselves were WONDERFUL!! They are such sweet creatures. Very docile and loving. There were about 15 - 20 dogs there, I believe, and every one of them was wonderful. They would just come up to you and lay their head on your leg. I was able to get lots of pictures, and one of them got really excited when I reached into my pocket for my lens cap. She thought I had a tasty treat lurking in there! It's my hope to one day own a greyhound myself. They had the best idea that I'm going to use for the humane association car wash, when I take Bear. They had a harness on a couple of the dogs that said, "Donation Dog". I admit it was a lot more fun putting my money in the dog's little pocket than just pitching it in a jar. It looked like theirs was specially made, so I'll have to improvise, since the car wash is this coming Sunday. Mom and I stepped inside PetSmart so she could get some treats for her dog. While inside, we met the Governor of Tennessee, Mr. Phil Bredesen. I couldn't believe it. Mom just walked up and said, "Hello there, Governor Bredesen." He was VERY nice and had quite a nice conversation with both of us. It's nice to know that he's an animal person too. He was in the dog treat isle. A VERY nice man, indeed. After we met the governor and got checked out, we went back outside for a little more visiting with the greyhounds and some more picutres. I'll be posting pictures here soon. I remembered to bring everything but the actual flashcard today, so hopefully tomorrow, I'll have everything I need to post them. All in all, it was a fabulous Saturday. Sunday was spent scrubbing every inch of the kitchen. I can fairly say that you could eat off of my kitchen floor. I decided to do the one room at a time attack to make the cleaning more manageable. Today and tonight, it's the living room. It's not too bad, so it shouldn't take very long at all. Hopefully, by the end of the week, I'll have everything spic and span. Well, I'd better run. I have an interesting day at work coming up. It's the first day of fall classes and we have 22,000+ students descending upon us. TAH for now!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They have greyhound days outside a petstore I work near. Such pretty and pleasant pups! Love the donation dog idea too! Who can resist a smile like that!
ann
http://www.mymuddymess.com/blosxom.pl