Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Obsession: Day 5

After work and a few errands yesterday, I went home to continue my Olympic obsession. My perfectly laid out plans were foiled by my sick and at home husband. He was happily watching away at the Food Network. I supposed it's o.k., since he picks up all of these nifty recipes and feeds me every night. So, a bit sulkenly, I just let him watch. It was just as well. I managed to pick up some dinner, get a few things done around the house, and get Bear's nightly walk accomplished. Over the weekend, we had rented several movies to watch. They are all due back by tonight, so we figured we'd better give some a watch. We decided on the Butterfly Effect. It was quite good, and we were very impressed by the way every scene kept you guessing the outcome. I highly recommend it. Be warned! If you are an animal lover, as I am, there are some scenes that you may not be able to watch. I just excused myself and went into the bed room until the scenes had passed and missed nothing of the general plot by doing so. Afterwards, I was finally able to resume my Olympic habit. I watched the men's gymnastics team finals. A big congratulations goes out to Team USA for their silver medal. That's the first medal they've won at an unboycotted games, since 1932. Also, a big congratulations to Japan on their gold. They were AWESOME!! Those high bar routines were the greatest! Kudos to the Romanians for their bronze as well. I did take a quick break from the movie to watch the men's swimming 200m free, although I had seen the results posted on the web earlier in the day. Michael Phelps took the bronze. Ian Thorpe, from Australia took the gold, and Dutch swimmer Pieter van den Hoogenband took the silver. I thought Phelps looked really good though. He kept up every meter of the way. Good luck to all the teams competing today. I'll definitely be watching!

No comments: