Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Mid-Week Blues

The birthday dinner went off without nearly a hitch. Casey really outdid himself on that meal! The steaks were luscious, and the baked potatoes were nicely done as well. Although the meal was fabulously prepared, we'll probably all die of poisoning! Seems every time we decide to grill out, the stupid city decides that they simply MUST fog for mosquitoes!! We must be having cases of West Nile again this year. Here I am, out walking Bear, while Casey is cooking and this fogger truck comes by. I always try to get in as quickly as possible, but it's hard not to breathe while walking the 3 blocks home. It NEVER fails!! They could only spray once a year, and they would pick the night we decided to cook out! Aside from the asphyxiation, it seems Mom had a good time. I had a poem and a bouquet of lilies ready for her, when she got there. She enjoyed her meal, her flowers, her cake, and her company I think. I'm just waiting for Monday to do her birthday part 2. After the birthday festivities were over, I ended up reading. I think I stayed up a bit too late, but I just couldn't seem to quit. Sometime later in the night, I woke up realizing that my back and shoulder were spasming again. It made it hard to get back to sleep. Needless to say, I don't feel my best today. I have my stuff packed and ready in the car to swim, but I'm not so sure I'll be going today after all. I may have to wait until this weekend, so my back can just get over this thing it has been having this week. This is the first week I've missed doing laps since May. I hate it when things like this happen. It's just so aggravating. I guess it's just better to wait though than to do laps and make it worse. I'm just sitting here now, all hunched over, considering taking something to help ease it off a little. I must be crazy to even consider doing laps.....The day otherwise will be pretty much run of the mill. I'm supposed to have a meeting this morning that is scheduled during my regular break time. Being a hypoglycemic, I'm not fond of having my food schedule changed around with only a day notice. That will pretty much make me cranky to deal with. Oh well...hope everyone has a better day than mine...toodles!

No comments: