Saturday, July 17, 2004

Dog Days of Summer

Good morning folks. It seems that my little neck of the woods really has entered the "Dog Days of Summer". Everything that's going on for the next 2 weekends are dog related here in town. Today and tomorrow, the university is holding obedience trials across campus. I'm so excited that these are within walking distance of my building. I'm going to use the same plan as I did for the agility trials and take my lunch over there. I'm really interested in obedience trials, because I hope to get Bear involved in them one day. He learns so fast, and I don't believe that he'll have any problem getting his AKC Good Citizen certification. Next Saturday, July 24th, the Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation Department is holding Dog Days at Cannonsburgh Historical Park. They are going to hold all kinds of contests, such as costume, best barker, most doggie kisses, etc. A lot of cool vendors will set up booths there as well. I'm going to take an early lunch and go and check that out too. I just wish that I didn't have to work, so I could take Bear out there with me. He just loves social events. Well, I gotta get to work. Seems that Yahoo is not connecting for me this morning, so if I owe anyone and e-mail and you don't hear from me, that's the reason.  Lots to do before I break for lunch and the obedience trials. I'll report in this afternoon and give full details. Tah!

No comments: