Sunday, July 04, 2004

Lazy Sunday!

Hope everyone is having a nice fourth of July weekend. I'm hanging out at my brother's house, after enjoying grilled hamburgers, and just thought I'd do a quick post. I've been really lazy today. For the first Sunday in 2 months, I slept late. The pool is closed today and tomorrow for the holiday. I'll just have to wait and do my swimming in Daytona. Got up at 10 a.m. this morning. It stormed from about 3 a.m. this morning until about 9:30 a.m., so the dogs kept waking me up jumping onto the bed. Shiloh, the jack russell, is terrified of storms. She finally calmed down after I put her in bed with me. I decided to walk Bear early this morning, because of the chance of rain and also the fireworks that will be going on later tonight. He's not afraid of them at all, but I was afraid of being hit myself with bottlerockets. My neighborhood really enjoys fireworks it seems. Afterwards, my Mom came over and we had spaghetti with the pasta that Casey and I got at Wild Oats Organic Grocery. It was really yummy. I spent most of the afternoon cleaning the house. I'm finally whipping it into shape it seems. Casey and I have decided to just stay at home and watch the Nasvhille fireworks on t.v. The local park is way to muddy to park the car, and since Casey has to get up early in the morning, we decided not to do Nashville either. So, looks like it's a night indoors for us. That's o.k. I have plenty to do at home. I think I'll just read. I've been reading this book called Outlander by Diana Galbadon. It's really good. It's about a World War II army nurse that somehow mysteriously travels back in time to the 18th century and falls in love. There are 5 books in this series so far, and the author is working on the next one. I stopped by Books A Million yesterday and picked up the second one to carry with me on vacation. It's one of those books that you just can't put down. I borrowed it from my friend, Kim, and I knew I wouldn't be able to wait until I came back to continue the story. That's about it for my day. Until next time....

No comments: