Saturday, May 28, 2005

Long Holiday Weekend!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, it's just about time for the holiday weekend to officially kick off for me. Not much going on today at all. It's been like a ghost town all day. It's been really relaxing though. Casey and I are planning to go to our local drive in movie tonight, The Montana Drive In. You can watch a double feature for just $5.00!! As long as you save your cup and bucket, popcorn and Coke refills are half price. This place sells an extra large popcorn for just $4.00!! I love these people!! They also run the little local theatre, The Capri, right there in Shelbyville. They are always so nice to help out our Humane Association. They always hold a movie night there for us, and this year they donated movie passes for prizes at Celebration Pet Day. They are showing some great movies this weekend. Casey and I are having trouble deciding what we want to watch. We are really tempted to see Star Wars, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith again, since it is so awesome!! They have full meals availabe at the concession stand, so I think we are just going to have dinner there. I'm so excited. I haven't been since they opened, and I'm really looking forward to it.

As for the rest of the weekend, I'm not quite sure what I'll be up to doing. I don't come back to work at the library until Wednesday, so I'm going to have a little extra time to get some cleaning done. I'm hoping to maybe do my first Audio Blog over the long weekend. You all be sure to let me know how it works out. I'm going to work at the very least, a half day at Kindred Spirits on Monday. I'm looking forward to visiting with Angel. Also, Jennie told me that we have 26 dogs there this week!!! Sounds like there is going to be plenty to do. I think that Casey and I are going to give the shelter ladies Monday off as well. He's doing his usual morning, and we are going back to do the afternoon shift as well. We went out there last night. All of the dogs have gotten used to me being there with him, so we are starting to make real progress now. I've been teaching one, named Twinkle, to sit for treats. I've also taught another, Lamb Chop, how to spin for a treat. Then we take the regulars out walking. I've sure been getting all of my exercise done! I've been really enjoying it all week. It also gives me more exprience with different types of dogs.

I hope that you all have a very nice holiday weekend! Please remember all of the men and women in our armed forces. They sacrifice for us everyday!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: