Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Good Day to You!

I had a wonderful weekend that just flew! The weather was just about perfect. When I got home from work on Saturday, Casey had a wonderful dinner waiting for me. It was garlic chicken and broccoli with noodles and alfredo sauce. Needless to say, I probably ate more than I should. I ate that big meal, after having a big lunch with my friend, Melissa! Casey didn't have to be at work until 9:00, so we worked on training Fergie. I just can't believe how well she has fit into our household. She and Bear are just the best buddies. Shiloh and Slate are even quite fond of her too! She is still spooked by the cats, but I'm hoping that will pass with time. After Casey left for work, I worked on cleaning up the kitchen and turned in for the night. I literally spent most of the day Sunday just lounging around. I had really meant to get up and get a lot of things done, but it just wasn't happening. I finally managed to get myself cleaned up, when Casey came in from work. After we had dinner, we drove to Tullahoma (a little nearby town, where the theatre has THX), and saw Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. I just have to say, "IT WAS AWESOME"!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've been a fan of the Star Wars saga, since I saw the first one in the theatre, when I was a little 5 year old. I've been very skeptical of the new triology, because it just hadn't live up to my expectations. Episode III not only lived up to them, but I think it exceeded them! The effects were great. The plot was great. It answered so many questions and tied everything together. Not to give any details away here, but the ending perfectly leads up to the original Star Wars movie. It also helps that Hayden Christensen is very easy on the eyes. Anyway...it was GREAT and I highly recommend it for a watch.

Yesterday, I was back at Kindred Spirits . It was a pretty light day, so I got off early. It was good to be back. I try to use it as my weekly therapy. Last night was the end of our first six week obedience class. We did all kinds of fun things like a recall race. Everyone has their dog on 16ft. leads. We held the dogs at the other end. Then, the owners call their dogs with the recall command, and whichever dog gets there first wins. It was a lot of fun. We are taking a few weeks break, then we'll be back with a new class. Tonight Casey and I are filling in at the shelter. One of the ladies has gone on vacation. While Casey is turning all of the dogs back in, I'm going to walk one of my favorites, named Dolly. She is just a very sweet girl. Anyway, Casey made some pictures of some of the shelter animals last week. I'm posting them on my photoblog today to share with you all. So, hop on over and get to know them. Everyone have a great day!

No comments: