Friday, May 27, 2005

Concerned

Just a typical sorta day. Work has been busy today. We are trying to get some loose ends finished up. I got a call from Jennie this morning about Angel, the rescued heeler mix that I mentioned yesterday. Anyway, they've got her spayed and all her vaccinations caught up. There's only one catch. She's got heartworms. The good thing is, it is not so advanced that they can't treat it. I've learned something new today. They can either use the conventional method to treat it, which runs about $200, or they can use Heartguard to treat it. If we use Heartguard, it will take a little bit longer. For now, we've decided to give the Heartguard treatment a try and see what happens. We may end up doing the traditional treatment later. Jennie is getting the details from the vet today. I don't know if they give a larger than normal dose of the Heartguard or what the specifics are yet. All of the vet techs say that they are just in love with Angel. They say that she has the sweetest disposition. I'm so glad of that. Casey and I were worried how she would be with other people, since she had been chained her entire life. I know that we can probably eliminate this problem, but it doesn't stop me from feeling guilty. I feel like I should have gotten her out of that situation sooner. I know that it's not my fault, but right now I sure feel like it is. Anyway, everybody keep your fingers crossed for Angel.

Casey and I have shelter duty again tonight. Last night, Jennie met us down there and evaluated some of the dogs. She and I have one picked out to train agility. We want to train her and have her ready for Celebration Pet Day next year. She loves to run and jump on and over boxes, so she'll be a good agility candidate. We also started training some of the dogs to simply sit. It really is amazing how fast they catch on to commands. Hopefully, we can have them all at least doing the sit command in the next few months. Anything we can do will make them more adoptable. Casey's got the next two nights off, so who know what we'll get into.

After reading Christine's blog today. I signed up for the Audio Blogger service. It's free and you can use it from any phone. I thought that this might be a handy thing to have, when I'm away or on trips. I may give it a try on my days off. You all be sure to let me know what you think. Well, that's the zoo wrap up. Everyone have a great afternoon!!

No comments: