Thursday, May 26, 2005

Slow/Fast? Kinda Both

This had been the oddest week. It has just dragged by at work, but the time at home and extra stuff to do has made my free time fly. The dogs next door saga is hopefully coming to an end soon. For those of you that need to be caught up, here's the story. Our next door neighbors have two dogs that they keep chained all the time. They do feed them, but not quite enough. Casey and I have been trying to figure out a way for about a year to get them out of their present situation. Anyway, Jennie from Kindred Spirits has now jumped on the bandwagon. Since she has just finished training Fergie, she's decided she's ready to help another dog. So Tuesday, Casey took the little blue heeler mix out to her vet's office and dropped her off. They are giving her a complete physical, her vaccinations, and spaying her. Afterwards, Jennie is going to pick her up and take her to the kennel. We are going to socialize her and obedience train her for about three months. Jennie's husband's parents are looking for a dog to stay on their farm, who can bark to let them know when someone comes up. Jennie and I talked about it, and we think this little dog will be the perfect candidate. So, we are going to give that a try. My coworker, Kim, is thinking about taking the other little dog, so hopefully, everything will work out. Almost anything is preferable to the existence they are living right now.

Casey works during the day today, so we'll have the evening together. In fact, we'll have the next three evenings together. He's off on Friday and Saturday this week. We've got a gift certificate to a little Italian place in Nashville, so we may take advantage of that. Tonight, we are helping out at the shelter again. I can't wait to walk Jake, a little chihuahua mix (his picture is on the photoblog) and Dolly. Dolly is a three year old, Border Collie mix. She's had some rough times in her three years, but she is as sweet as they come. She has been backed over by a car and has had heart worm treatment. She's just a happy camper. I just wish we could find her a great home too! I really like visiting with all of the shelter animals. I like to give them what love I can. Nothing much other than that going on today. Just regular work. I hope everyone has a great day. Now since I promised to, here's the meme from Jennifer.

1. Total volume of music files on my computer?

I really don't have a clue. I know that I've loaded A LOT of my own CD's into Real and Media player. I'd have to say several hundred, but that's just a guess. I prefer to listen to my music on a stereo (I know, I'm old fashioned).

2. The last CD I bought was?

Hmmmmm, I'm gonna have to think about that one. Casey and I have a habit of asking for CD's for special occassions. I think Jet's Get Born was the last one that I bought myself. I really like that "old style" rock. I also know that I will be buying the Foo Fighters new double album, In Your Honor, when it is released in June. They are one of my favorite bands too!

3. Song playing right now:

No song playing now. Shhhhhh, this is a library!!

4. Five songs I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me(in no particular order):

(1). Raised On Love:

by Justin Hayward. One of my VERY favorite songs EVER!! This started my Moody Blues / Justin Hayward obession, when I was a little girl.

(2). Nights In White Satin:

I'm a Moodies fan. It's a prerequisite that I love this song!!

(3). Sing and Be Happy:

A favorite church hymn of mine. When I was a kid, there was this big group of us friends that all attended church together and rode everywhere together in one van. Our favorite pass time was singing acapella. This song was one of our favorites. It was these times that made me into the singer that I am. I don't think I've told many of my blog readers this, but for a time, I was a member of the Nashville Symphony Chorus. Whenever I hear or sing this song, it brings back such happy memories.

(4). Still Rock and Roll to Me:

This song by Billy Joel was one of my childhood favorites. It was one of the first 45's that I ever bought. I think I wore the grooves off that thing. I still have to turn it up and sing along, whenever I hear it. I've also played piano for most of my life, so I admired Billy Joel as a piano player.

(5). Hey You:

The remake by The Scoripions. Casey was a HUGE Scorps fan. So right before we started dating, he was trying to figure out a way to let me know that he "fancied" me. He gave me that song on tape and told me to REALLY listen to the words. Isn't he romantic???!!

5. Which 5 people are you passing this baton to, and why?

I'm not sure. So many of my blog reads have already done this one. Anyone feel free...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OHHH, I can add that Billy Joel to my list too. I keep adding:) Took the beasts to the dog park last night and saw 2 addoptable (brew) beagles there. I SOOOO wanted to take those 2 home... Rescue people ROCK!