Wednesday, May 11, 2005

"With the Eyes of A Child...."

With the eyes of a child

You must come out and see

That your world's spinning 'round

And through life you will be

A small part

Of a hope

Of a love

That exists

In the eyes of a child you will see

John Lodge, The Moody Blues

An old Moody Blues song title says it all...

This morning, I received an e-mail from a fellow volunteer concerning our poster contest for Celebration Pet Day. It was for kindergarten through 5th graders, and the theme was, "My Favorite Thing to Do With My Pet". We've notified the winners, so they can be sure to be there to receive their prize on Saturday. I got the following e-mail and had to share it with you all. I've changed the names to protect identities. Sure did give me a giggle and made my day!!

Bob's (the kindergartener that drew a picture of the bunny) mom just called. We were talking about when he should be there and how excited and happy he is that he is receiving 1st prize. Apparently, he has never received a prize for anything. Anyway, I told her that if they had a dog they could bring it on Saturday, on a leash. Mom said, "Well, we don't have any animals." I said, "what about the rabbit he drew?", and she said, "that's his imaginary rabbit."

I'm still laughing.

Beth

No comments: