Wednesday, June 01, 2005

So Much to Tell...So Little Time

I profusely apologize for my lack of Audio Blogger posts over my time off. To be quite honest, I completely forgot about it. Not to mention that I forgot to take the number home with me. I can be quite loser-y at times. Our weekend break was just so busy that I didn't hardly have any time to catch my breath. AT THE MONTANA DRIVE IN Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Picture through our blurry window. We really gotta clean that before this weekend!! There was actually a little dog hanging out of that car window that I was trying to get on film!

Casey and I did end up going to the Montana Drive In on Saturday night. I honestly can't say when I've had so much fun for such a cheap price! We ended up watching The Longest Yard and Monster-In-Law. The view after dark, before the movie started, was breathtaking!! The food was fabulous!! Casey had the BBQ sandwich. I had the hand-dipped, humongous corn dog. We each had a soda and shared an x-large popcorn. Our entire night out only cost $25!! What a deal!! The movies didn't start until dark. So by the time our second show was over and we got home it was nearly 1:30 a.m.!! It made me feel so old! I was completely wiped out on Sunday. Casey didn't have to work until 3:30 p.m., so we spent all day just recovering. We've decided to make it a weekend thing during the summer!!

Casey worked his regular shift at the shelter on Monday, andI worked a half a day at Kindred Spirits . Jennie and I wanted to get out of there to enjoy the holiday. We did all the cleaning faster than ever!! I got to start training the little Blue Heeler, Angel, that we rescued. We've changed her name to Maggie May. She's just the cutest, most friendly little dog, and she's so eager to please. I worked with her on the "sit", "down", and "sit pretty" commands. She is a good little learner and very quick too!! She had them all mastered in about 30 minutes!! Such a smart dog!! I'm looking forward to a lot more work with her.

When I got home from the kennel, some of my and Casey's high school friends had stopped by for a visit. He and his wife stayed for about 2 hours. After they left, we had the homemade tacos that Casey had whipped up for lunch. I had just settled down to watch some t.v., and Casey had headed to the bedroom for a nap. Just about then, both of our phones started to ring. It was Casey's two cousins, Andrew and Eli. They were in the area and wanted to drop by and visit with us. If you'll remember, Andrew was the one whose girlfriend, Lupe, was killed in a car accident back in March. Andrew had some time off from Ft. Campbell, where he's in the Army, so they were on the way back from a road trip. We had planned on a cookout with my brother and Mom, so we just expanded the guest list. We all had a really nice visit!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Firing Up the Grill..MMMMMMM!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Andrew, Eli, and me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Eli, Casey, and me.

Yesterday, Casey and I went out to our favorite Chinese restaurant, Chef Chen's for lunch. Just as we were leaving, we got a call from out shelter lady about the dog, a Border Collie named Missy, that had escaped on Saturday. This dog is an escape artist!! She's escaped from every home she's ever lived at. Anyway, someone had spotted the dog. So, Casey and I headed out to help catch her. It took about an hour and three other people, but we were finally successful. We were so glad to get her back unharmed. Afterwards, I just watched movies and Casey went into work.

Nothing major going on today. Just catching up on my work stuff. I'm signing off for now. Hope everyone has a great evening!!

No comments: