Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Vote for Your Favorite Story

I'm hoping to remain calm today. Our newspaper article received A LOT of attention from our little community. My phone rang off of the hook yesterday. Anyway, looks like there is more interest than I thought, and we also have another person wanting to set up a booth!! I've been so lucky, while I've been organizing this whole Celebration Pet Day event. It's the first charity event that I have organized completely on my own. I've helped with a lot of others in the past, but this one was my dream, my brain child, my heart. I've heard that there's a chance of thunderstorms on Saturday, the only day out of 14 with a chance of rain!!! ARRRGGGGGGHHHH!!! So everybody send good thoughts, fairy dust, prayers, and wishes my way. The Weather Channel's PetCast says it's only a 30% chance, but the local stations are not saying quite yet. I don't mind if it's cloudy, but I'd like for the rain to stay away. I don't want people discouraged from attending. It's supposed to be hotter than H*O*T today. They say that we are flirting with a record high for this time of year. I think it's supposed to be nearly 90 today with a much higher heat index, because of the high humidity. YUCK!! Looks like we are in for a miserable summer. Bear decided last night that we would jog on our walk. I can't believe that he kept the pace up for the entire 3 blocks!! I was drenched by the time that I got back home. I guess Bear must have been trying to get a good workout to drop some of those extra pounds he gained!!

The Humane Society of the United States is running a contest called "Beautiful Tales, Remarkable Tales". This contest was for stories of seniors and their pets. They have narrowed it down to 3, and are asking for everyone's vote for the best "tale". The voting goes on until May 13th. Click the picture below to read the stories and to vote! All of the stories are wonderful! Everyone enjoy the day!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: