Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Nerve Attack!!!

I am so fidgety today!! So much to do it always seems, and so little time. The newspaper article ran in last night's local paper, The Shelbyville-Times Gazette. It caused a flurry of activity. My phone rang all last night and all this morning. There were questions about the poster contest, which I had to say the deadline was last Friday for entries, and a slew of calls from peope that want to volunteer for us. Seems that my next project for the humane association is underway, a.k.a. volunteer recruitment. The same core of ladies have manned the entire association for over 26 years now!! THAT'S devotion to animals folks!! I'd like to recruit some new blood, not to replace them, but to take a heavy burden from their shoulders. Anyhow, most of the preparations have all been made. I just have to make a supply run tomorrow night, and pick up all of our food donations on Friday. The community has shown tremendous support with donations of food items. We've had to buy practically nothing to feed a group of over 300+. For all of your folks that might be within the vicinty, come on out and join us for a great day of fun!! Other than details of the event, nothing else is going on today. I did find out that an adoption that I helped to arrange has gone off without a hitch, and all parties are just pleased as punch!! That kind of news always makes me so happy. I've been busy reading the next two books in the Shiloh series. I have to say that the second one is every bit as good as the first one. Going to check out for the day, but I am posting the details of our pet day below. Also, congratulations to John and Zoya of Crazy Dog Kennels on their engagement and upcoming wedding!! Log onto their blog to find out about the shelter dog racing team! Everyone have a good evening!!

1st ANNUAL CELEBRATION PET DAY

Saturday, May 14, 2005

10:00 a.m. – 2 p.m.

Champions Arena, National Walking Horse Celebration Grounds Benefits the Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association

Come join us for a day of family fun.

Contests, Programs, Games, Food, Vendors, and fun!!

FREE ADMISSION!!!

Donations appreciated.

ALL dogs welcome that are leashed and up to date on vaccinations!!

For information contact the Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association at (931) 684-KIND or e-mail SBCHA @ hotmail. com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like loads of fun! Too bad I am several states away:( YOU ROCK!

Kitty Litter said...

Hey Cheryl! Bless you for what you do for animals. Thanks for stopping by; I intend to upload more photos soon ^_^ Up today is a follow-up photo of Dexter, our neighbor's cat

>^..^<