Wednesday, May 25, 2005

TAG!! You're It!

Jinkies Velma!! I've been tagged, not only once but twice this week!! I don't do these much, but these both sounded interesting. I'll give it a shot.

This first one was from Lindsey.

1. Total number of books that I own:

Well, that's a hard one. I've been a bibliophile my entire life. It doesn't help that I've worked at libraries my entire life either. Reading has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I'd guess it would have to be somewhere in the thousands. I have two huge wooden bookcases full: books in the living room, books in the kitchen, books in the bedroom. We even have books in the bathroom. As a matter of fact, Casey and I went wild last time we were at the Goodwill store, when they were having a half price sale!

2. Last book I bought:

You are A Dog by Terry Bain. Wonderful book written from the perspective of a dog.

3. Last book I read:

Saving Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. It's the third book in the Shiloh triology about an eleven year old boy, named Marty, and his adventure saving a mistreated beagle, named Shiloh. The Shiloh triology has been part of my summer "fun" reads.

4. 5 Books that mean a lot to me:

(1). To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee:

Even though it was a required read for high school, I just love this book. It opened me up to the world of southern literature.

(2). The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon: Actually 6 books as of September this year. Basically, historical fiction with a bit of romance and science fiction mixed all together.

(3). My grandmother's Bible:

I was extremely close to my maternal grandmother. I have her old family bible and the only picture of her as a teenager in the whole family. As a matter of fact, today would have been her 111th birthday. She was born in 1894!!

(4). Little Brown Handbook:

Writing handbook that I've used since my freshman year in college. I never, ever write anything important without it!

(5). Casey's mother's handwritten cookbook:

Casey's mother had a handwritten cookbook. It has every recipe that the Richardson family ever had back several generations. Along with all of the recipes, his mother included funny stories that occurred when the dishes were eaten. For example, Casey's grandmother's baked bean recipe. The little anecdote went something like this...."Made these for the horsehow the first week of September, in my very late pregnancy. Needless to say, I went to the hospital for Casey's brith shortly after." His mother passed away 8 years ago after battling with breast cancer. It's a very precious item in our household. 5. Tag 5 people to take up the meme and answer in their own journals:

Hmmmmmm, let me see:

Jennifer (I'd love to see your answers!!!)

Christine

Pennie

Chrissy

Ann

TAG!! Ya'll are it!!

Also, I have one more that I've been tagged for this week by Jennifer. Since I'm running short on time today, I'll post it first thing in the morning. Everyone have a great evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...Sorta,
I bought a new computer & am starting over...that's why the newsletters are late this week...lol

Jennifer said...

Fun! A book one! I'll do it tomorrow! :)