Thursday, September 02, 2004

Ode to a Husband

Yipeee! This is my last day to work this week! Because of the Labor Day holiday, we are closed on Monday, which means I get an extra day off this weekend. In addition to the extra day, I'm taking off on Friday too. Because this is also Casey's birthday weekend, he's taken off from work as well. We have lots of fun stuff planned to do this weekend in celebration. This is welcome week on campus and they have comedian, Mitch Hedberg appearing on campus tonight for free. So, we are going to drive back in, grab some dinner, and head on over to the show. Tomorrow night, we possibly have free tickets to the Tennessee Titans pre-season football game against Green Bay. On Saturday, we are going to get up early and drive into Nashville. Casey wants to have breakfast at the famous Loveless Cafe. They are famous for their southern cooking, especially their country ham and homemade biscuits. Afterwards, we are going to go the the Nashville Farmer's Market. Hopefully, we can stock up on some home grown fruits and veggies there. This should be a great time of year to go too. Then, I've talked him into going back to the 100 Oaks PetSmart to visit the greyhounds again. Sunday, we have the Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association car wash. I've got to get Bear all cleaned up and ready to be the donation dog for a little while. So, all in all, we have a fun and exciting weekend planned. I'm sure I'll need an extra day of rest to get all of this done. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

I'd like to take a minute to leave a personal message to my husband:

Casey: I hope that you have the most wonderful birthday this year, for you are certainly the most wonderful husband in the whole world! How can I express in just ordinary words how much you mean to me. You've been there with me, holding my hand and my heart, through the good and bad for the past 14 years. We've grown up together, we've grown closer and our bond has only grown stronger. I can't imagine living life without you. Happy birthday! I love you!!!

No comments: