Monday, September 13, 2004

Monday Update

Just popping in tonight, since I won't be around tomorrow. My mother is having a bout with illness, so I'm taking tomorrow off from work to take her to the doctor. We have a midday appointment. Hopefully, we'll be able to get to the bottom of the problem this time. On a different note, I spent the better part of the weekend coordinating some folks off of my groomer and dog lists to help the past and future hurricane victims in Florida. A couple of the list members have land or places that the people evacuating, due to hurricane Ivan, can go with their animals for shelter. Where I came in was contacting the humane agencies like American Humane Association, Humane Society of the United States, and Pets and Animals in Distress with their contact information to pass along to their disaster teams located in Florida. I feel a little better in the fact that I've at least tried to do something. I wish everyone the best that is in the path of the most recent storm.

Other than that, I've spent the rest of the weekend just lying around lounging mostly. I took some allergy meds on Saturday night that rendered me pretty much useless all day yesterday. Today, I just ran around town and did some necessary errands. I did run into several good friends that I haven't seen in some time, so my errands took even longer than usual. We just hung around the store visiting mostly, but it was really good to catch up with everyone. I also have started the big bathroom cleanup. I should be finished within the hour. One of the problems I have is my bathroom is small with very little ventilation. I have to be careful how many cleaners I get going in there, or else I'll find myself passed out on the floor. I ended up that way quite a lot, when we first moved due to this ignorance. Oh well. Gonna run for now. I hope that everyone has a good Tuesday. I'll have something interesting posted, hopefully, as soon as I get back on Wednesday. TAH!

No comments: